My septic system failed, and I need to install a replacement system. Do I need a permit from the Health Department?

Yes.  You are obligated under State of Idaho rules and regulations to obtain a permit from the local Health District when putting in any kind of subsurface sewage disposal system in the State of Idaho.  The application form and associated information is on our website along with our Environmental Health services fee schedule.