Public Health - Idaho North Central District (PH-INCD) and the food industry share responsibility for ensuring that our food supply is safe. Environmental Health provides the following services to ensure a safe food supply:
- Enforce the State of Idaho Rules Governing Food Safety and Sanitation Standards.
- Permit and inspect all regulated food establishments.
- Review plans for new and remodeled food establishments.
- Conduct food management training classes.
- Handle food complaints from the public, investigate complaints, and take corrective actions, if needed.
To view an official copy of the rules, please click here: Idaho Food Code.
View the Summary Comparison of the Updated Idaho Food Code and 2005 Idaho Food Code.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE IDAHO FOOD CODE (PDF)
Food Protection Resources
Certified Food Protection Manger Training(Only need to take one)
Food Establishment Forms
- Opening A Food Establishment
- Permit Application
- Cottage Food/Low Risk Food/Fraternal, Benevolent or Non Profit Charitable Organization Assessment
- Time and Temperature Control for Safety Foods
- Food Establishment Plan Review And Approval Form
- Farmer's Market Guide
- Food Service Establishment Response To Boil Water Notification
- Temporary Food Establishments