Public swimming pools must be licensed, inspected, and the water tested to insure they are properly operated, maintained, and safe and healthy for all swimmers. Improperly operated pools can transmit certain illnesses through contact and ingestion of polluted water. Public Health - Idaho North Central District provides the following services:
- Annually permit and conduct routine inspections.
- Provide information and training to owners and operators as needed.
- Investigate complaints.
- Conduct plan reviews for new swimming pools.
Pool Operator Training
Contact your county office for additional local ordinances:
- Nez Perce County: 208-799-3100
- Latah County: 208-882-7506
- Clearwater County: 208-476-7850
- Idaho County: 208-983-2842
- Lewis County: 208-935-2124