Proper design, operation, and maintenance of individual and subsurface sewage disposal systems are necessary to prevent contamination and to maintain the quality of groundwater and surface water resources. These systems are regulated by the Idaho Dept. of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems. Public Health - Idaho North Central District provides the following services: On-site Sewage Disposal System
- Issue permits for all new and repaired septic systems. See forms below to download and fill out the Sewage Permit for Site Evaluations.
- Enforce DEQ Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems.
- Conduct site evaluations to determine the suitability of sites for installation of on-site sewage disposal systems.
- Issue permits for installation of on-site sewage system (septic tank systems).
- Perform inspections of on-site sewage inspection to determine compliance with regulations.
- Investigate sewage complaints and recommend corrective actions.
Septic Installer Training Class Schedule
The training will be virtual, no in person classes will be held. Registration will be required and an email must be provided so the link can be sent to them to join the virtual training.
- Friday, December 11th, Basic and Complex training classes: 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday December 16th, Basic and Complex training classes: 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 15th, Basic and Complex training classes: 9:00 a.m.
Please call to register as seating in some locations will be very limited!
Course size is limited, so please contact your local Public Health Office to reserve a place in the course you plan on attending!
Sewage System Application Forms
Sewage System Installer Training
Basic Sewage Installer Training (13 MB)
Basic On-site Sewage Disposal System Installer Training Contact our office at 208-799-3100 for more information and to register.