Proper design, operation, and maintenance of individual and subsurface sewage disposal systems are necessary to prevent contamination and to maintain the quality of groundwater and surface water resources. These systems are regulated by the Idaho Dept. of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems. Public Health - Idaho North Central District provides the following services: On-site Sewage Disposal System
- Issue permits for all new and repaired septic systems. See forms below to download and fill out the Sewage Permit for Site Evaluations.
- Enforce DEQ Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems.
- Conduct site evaluations to determine the suitability of sites for installation of on-site sewage disposal systems.
- Issue permits for installation of on-site sewage system (septic tank systems).
- Perform inspections of on-site sewage inspection to determine compliance with regulations.
- Investigate sewage complaints and recommend corrective actions.
Septic Installer Training Class Schedule
Friday, December 7, 2018 Moscow office: Basic and complex training classes; 10:00 a.m.
Friday, December 14, 2018 Lewiston office: Basic and Complex training classes: 9:00 a.m.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 Grangeville office: Basic and complex training classes; 9:00 a.m.
Course size is limited, so please contact your local Public Health Office to reserve a place in the course you plan on attending!Basic installer class at 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Complex installer class after the conclusion of the basic class 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Please contact the Environmental Health Specialist in your area to RSVP for the class you want to attend. There are a lot of installers who need to attend training this year, so space is limited! Remember, you need to have attended a class or taken the exams within the last 3 years to be current to receive your license to be a septic installer!
Sewage System Application Forms
Sewage System Installer Training
Basic Sewage Installer Training (11 MB)
Basic On-site Sewage Disposal System Installer Training Contact our office at 208-799-3100 for more information and to register.